Advertising – Creative & Digital Strategy
The Advertising – Creative and Digital Strategy program addresses the high demand for creators in the digital field of advertising and marketing, which is growing faster than all other areas in the marketing industry.
This marketing and communications graduate certificate program takes place at the Story Arts Centre in Toronto, and blends Centennial College’s experience in advertising and digital media with our strengths in business and marketing. The program focuses on helping you create engaging digital experiences built on solid creative strategy. You become immersed in the digital field and learn how to develop breakthrough creative advertising campaigns.
Through your courses, you acquire the necessary skills in creative strategies, writing, developing creative concepts, art direction, collaboration, presentation and entrepreneurialism. During a field placement, which is part of the second semester, Creative and Digital Strategy students take part in team assignments, working in a collaborative environment in the real world.
You’ll also learn new technologies and platforms that keep you informed about recent innovations in the digital creative field.
The program focuses on five key areas:
- Creative strategy, to ensure advertising meets clients’ business objectives.
- Digital storytelling, to build on the power of storytelling in developing impactful creative advertising.
- Brand engagement, to create strong connections with consumers.
- Entrepreneurship, to foster key business skills that encourage innovation and risk-taking.
- Emerging platforms, to ensure you are up-to-date on the latest in digital technology impacting the advertising industry.
In this program, you:
- Gain an understanding of the digital creation process from a creative director’s point of view.
- Learn how to craft a creative digital strategy that delivers results.
- Develop a strong portfolio and case studies for prospective employers.
- Enhance presentation skills to help sell ideas.
- Understand the impact of technology on creative development.
- Foster digital storytelling skills to bring brands to life online.
- Analyze and solve business and marketing challenges for clients by applying innovative creative and digital techniques.
- Complement in-class education with a field placement that will provide the opportunity to work in the industry and hone your skills.
- Program Duration: 1 year
- Semesters: 2
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFO
This program is held at the Story Arts Centre.
- Valid Passport
- English Proficiency
- Graduate Certificate
- Relevant Work Experience
- Written Assignment
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 Year
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 60
- Assessments Yes